Raghava Social Media consultant and SEO consultant

Raghava is a SEO and Ssocial Media Marketing consultant. He has profound knowledge on online marketing, interactive marketing and how to drive traffic, sales and business through both online and offline channels.




Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ray of Hope For The Disabled

I was just going through the blog posts done by Poonam Sharma and in top posts I saw the following title "Ray of hope for the disabled" and I thought to read as I closely work with PWD. In that post she explains how she came across an article posted in reader's digest and she portrayed it wonderfully. But there is still some thing missing I thought to my self. This happens only in those developed countries as I don't see so much of awareness in Indian's at least. I don't mean all but most of them do not have basic sense of how to deal with PWD. The other day when I was trying to find a shop I saw a person walking with a white cane. I saw a well educated person helping him, but in a wrong way. Instead of catching his hand he is catching the other end of the cane and guiding him.

This is really pathetic the boy is using the cane as he cannot see and cane is his Eye's and I see this person catching his cane instead of hand catching his cane. In fact he is not even guiding properly, if he can use his common sense for a minute he might have helped the visually impaired person well. A small amount of thinking makes lot of difference. So I request all, if you come across any visually impaired person don't hold his cane for god sake, hold his hand.

Poonam’s blog post is here
http://alchemistpoonam.wordpress.com/2008/06/30/ray-of-hope-for-the-disabled/
PWD refers to people with disability.

I am going to make a case study of my experiences being differently abled and working with differently abled. That's a new name given to Disabled group. It's not they cannot do the work, but they do it in a different way.

Digg | del.icio.us | Stumble Upon | Facebook | Technorati | Reddit | YahooMyWeb |

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs